Read Time:2 Minute, 33 Second
Keanu Reeves and the BRZRKR Team Bring the Immortal Saga to SDCC’s Biggest Stage
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 24, 2022) – BOOM! Studios, in partnership with Netflix, Random House, and BAIT, hosted a blockbuster BRZRKR panel in the biggest venue at San Diego Comic-Con: the iconic Hall H.
- Over 6,500 fans gathered at this landmark comic book event in celebration of BRZRKR.
- BRZRKR creator and co-writer Keanu Reeves was joined by co-writer Matt Kindt, artist Ron Garney, the screenwriter on the BRZRKR feature film Mattson Tomlin, Stephen Christy (President, Development, BOOM! Studios & Producer on the BRZRKR film), Matt Gagnon (Editor-In-Chief, BOOM! Studios), and Eric Harburn (Executive Editor, BOOM! Studios), with panel moderator Coy Jandreau (The Reel Rejects).
- The panelists participated in an in-depth discussion of the BRZRKR universe, revealing never-before-seen details on where the franchise will go next.
- Creator Keanu Reeves revealed that multiple new BRZRKR projects, including new comic books, are in development, expanding the story beyond the initial 12 issues of the original series.
- BOOM! Studios President, Development Stephen Christy announced that in addition to the feature film in development at Netflix, the BRZRKR anime series is also moving with Production I.G, the studio behind beloved series like Ghost in the Shell and Psycho Pass.
- Random House announced a new novel set in the BRZRKR universe, a first for the franchise. An unnamed, New York Times bestselling author will be co-writing the project with Keanu Reeves, with more details to be announced soon.
- The world debut of BRZRKR apparel took place at San Diego Comic-Con, with streetwear company BAIT unveiling a line of BRZRKR t-shirts and hoodies featuring new art from legendary comic book artist Tradd Moore.
- 20 lucky fans who were among the first to purchase BRZRKR merchandise were surprised with an exclusive poster featuring autographs from Keanu Reeves, Matt Kindt, and Ron Garney!
- “We could not be more thrilled and humbled by the amazing reception to BRZRKR’s Hall H panel this weekend—one of the only times a comic book has been featured on SDCC’s biggest stage,” said Eric Harburn, Executive Editor, BOOM! Studios. “Keanu, Matt, Ron, and the team are building towards a truly epic conclusion with 2023’s double-sized BRZRKR #12, but that won’t be the last we see of the immortal B. in comics…”
- “It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring the BRZRKR comic book to the Hall H stage,” said Stephen Christy, President, Development, BOOM! Studios and producer on the BRZRKR film adaptation. “All of us involved with the project were thrilled with the fan reception to the many different expansions of the BRZRKR universe. We are so grateful to the fans who came out and showed so much love for the project and for the team!”
For continuing news on BRZRKR and more from BOOM! Studios, stay tuned to www.boom-studios.com and follow @boomstudios on Twitter.